Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Liam!!!

OK The BIG update

Sorry everyone it has been far too long!!!!!

Thursday 1/27/2011

Once upon a time a long long time ago (11 days and 6 hours) Kim and I woke up (3:30am) well Kim woke up, I never went to sleep out of excitement for Liam’s arrival.  So anyway, we left for the hospital, and let me tell you I was like paparazzi up in there!!!!! So there we were after 39 weeks of baking in the oven, the bun was done! Kim and I checked into the labor and delivery center (5:00am) they put us in a room right across from the nurse’s desk and all most right away (5:05am) they put Kim into labor.  So far all was going smooth not much pain, just excitement for him to be here.  Dr. Vaughn showed up (7:00am) and broke her water and here we go. At about 8:00 am I decided that I had all the fun I was going to have and had them come start my epidural :) Well come to find out Dr. Vaughn had another mom next door which is a funny story.  Dr. V came in and the first thing he said was, “I’m going to have to do a C-Section” I’m actually not really sure what else he said after that because I was freaking out.  I thought that everything was progressing nicely.  I had no idea why I would have to have a C-section!  Well what he meant was he was going to have to do a C-Section on the mom next door, not me!  After that we waited and waited and all of a sudden it was TIME but wait we need the doctor and he is still in surgery!  So we waited some more and just in time Dr. V swoops in and in minutes Liam was here (2:04pm) everything went great with both Kim and Liam. They were instantly checking Liam out (weighed 7 lb 5oz 19 in long) after a few hours (4:00pm) they moved us to a new room and took Liam.  He got a bath and some more tests and the rest of the day flew by….

Friday 1/28/2011

The whole day was full of getting to know our son and it was full of good stuff like his first hiccups.  We were hoping to go home that night but alas no we stayed one more night.  Thursday night B stayed with me in the hospital and he snored something awful and the little cot they rolled in for him to sleep on squeaked loudly with every move he made, so I made him go home to sleep this night!!! 

Saturday 1/29/2011

We have been at the hospital for 2 and a half days now, and we were ready to go home and show Liam his home and the world.  They finally released us at about 12:30 and we were so excited to go home.  It was a beautiful day and we drove home with the windows open to help Liam get some sun because he had some very mild jaundice.  Getting home was fun and showing Liam around and introducing him to Botox was blast.  She was and still is very curious about him, but is doing great around him!

Sunday 1/30/2011

This was another beautiful day and we actually took Liam for his first walk on the Trail De Paris.  We enjoyed this last day home just the three of us, because we knew that B would have to go back to work the next day.  

Monday 1/31/2011

This was Broadway’s first day back to work and my first day home alone with Liam.  It went well and was full of me learning how much you can do one handed while you hold a baby! 

Tuesday 2/1/2011 and Wednesday 2/2/2011

And queue the bad weather, where it had been 75 and sunny the weekend before it was now raining freezing rain as well as snowing.   Broadway actually had both of these days off which was really nice to be able to have some more time at home just the 3 of us.  On Tuesday we took Liam to the Doctors for a check up.  I think the people thought we were crazy, but we explained to them that we were from Colorado and this was nothing! (It was -25 degrees at my house in Elbert!)  When we were released from the hospital Liam weighed in at 7 lbs even.  When we went for this checkup Liam weighed 7 lb and 1 oz.  Dr. Cutrell said that he was looking good and to just keep an eye on his jaundice.  He thought it had gone up some, but not enough for us to get it tested that day.  He said to go have him retested on Friday. 

 Thursday 2/3/2011

Broadway went back to work and I just stayed home and loved on Liam!

Friday 2/4/2011

So I thought we lived in Texas, but looking at the 6 ins of snow we got on Friday had me confused!  And because of all the snow B had another snow day! We were suppose to go get Liam’s jaundice checked and go weigh him, we had decided that we would just wait and do it on Monday when we noticed his circumcision was looking swollen.  So we bundled up and headed out.  First they weighed him and he still came in at 7 lb 1 oz, then Dr. Cutrell checked him and said that it was just healing.  Since we were already out we headed to the hospital so Liam could get his jaundice checked.  Dr. Cutrell called us back that afternoon and said that he was at a 10.5 which is up from the 7 he was at the hospital, but that it was not high enough to worry about so unless he stopped eating well and gaining weight we would not have to check it again!

Saturday 2/5/2011

Today we went out and visited Grandpa David and Uncle Ethan.  We were finding out what a good baby Liam is to travel with!  He does great in the car!

Sunday 2/6/2011

We took Liam to church for the first time and he slept the entire service.  That evening our friends Jeff and Sara came over to watch the Super Bowl so Liam got lots of cuddles in!

Monday 2/7/2011

The big news from today is that Liam is back up to his birth weight of 7 lb and 5 oz!!!

It’s already been 11 days since our little boy was born and I can’t believe how fast it has already flown by.  I’m doing everything I can to cherish all the little moments and take everything in! Liam is such a good baby and hardly ever cries, most times I have to wake him up to eat!   We love him more and more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment